MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
pluckas
Supporter
Not strictly speaking a Mobiflight question, but has anyone found a solution to display the PMDG trim setting (or a prototype trim indicator) as a gauge or value in P3D? Fabricating a 737 throttle quadrant is a long term project, and in the mean time I need a way to display an on-screen trim in my "MIP only" cockpit. 2D Overhead and Pedestal panels are still provided in PMDG, but not the throttle quadrant. I'd like to avoid using the virtual cockpit to view trim if possible.

Paul
2019-04-27 05:15
pizman82
Supporter
Thats Possible.

Check this . https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/1791.html .... In German but google can help translating maby.

Basic System:
There exist no PMDG Internal Trim Offset. But we can use the Standard Offset "0BC0 2 Byte INT"
Problem is.... this Offset is basicly from -16383 to +16383 (with PMDG it starts nearly at -5000 )
If you like to use a Motor (Servo, Stepper) you just can use this value (Whatever i would make it positive like "$+5000) to avoild a negative Value that can occure in trouble with Servo Motors)

If you like to use it with a 7 Segment Display ( The most easy way) you must recalculate it.
Transform : Round(($+5000)/1265),0)*100 for a nearly 1:1 Calculation
OR
Transform : ($+5000)/1265 ( Not tested but should work.) Here the decimal numbers can be a "bit" different to PMDG.

NOTE: In Real there is also just the Analog scale in a B737.... So a Trim would be done maby to 0,25 Steps exactly. There is no need for a 100% accurate rate.
Good Luck !
2019-04-28 02:57
pluckas
Supporter
Thanks for the link - very interesting.

Google Translate is struggling (or my brain, or both). Is this to output to a segment display or servo / stepper? I'm actually only after a software solution at this stage - an on-screen display of trim, as a simple value or 2D "gauge" that can be activated on one of my external displays. The 'mechanical' output will come later when I eventually tackle a throttle quadrant.

Paul
2019-04-28 04:48
pizman82
Supporter
This linked Topic include all 3 ways you requested (again sorry that is in german.... In past we talk a lot of german here)
I Hope Google Translate will help ( i know its sometimes realy bad) If you need more help simply ask me here in this topic.

Way1 Motor ( Whatever Servo or Stepper)
Here you can use the Raw Value of this Offset : Its not important if its from -5000 to +16383 or like in PMDG from 0.00 to 16,9 i think.
You simply trimm full up.... That is as i remeber a value of -5000 on the Offset .... You trim full down thats +16383 i think.
Then Make a Transform actife and say $+5000 to make it positive all time. Now Value is from 0 to 21383
In Display Tab you define now the Motor Servo Min 0 - Max 21383 .... Stepper SIM: 21383 Stepper ???? ( Range of your Gauge)

Way 2 Display .
If you like the Number that is shown in your PMDG Mouseover Tooltip on a 7 Segment then you need the 2 Transforms i gave you last time....
iconQuote:

Transform : Round(($+5000)/1265),0)*100 for a nearly 1:1 Calculation
OR
Transform : ($+5000)/1265 ( Not tested but should work.) Here the decimal numbers can be a "bit" different to PMDG.

The First give you a 2 Decimal Value like 1,23 (Rounded ) that is verry accurate to the original PMDG Value.
The Second is not rounded and a bit more different... But as i said its enough i think ( Please test if this formula is correct.... i not do this myself)

Way 3 2D Panel on your screen.
The Screenshots in that topic are a Programm written by SKINO. ( A Profesional user who build PMDG Homecockpits) This is a self running Programm by himself.
I don´t know if he still read this forum.... You can contact him maby here https://boefb.webnode.com/homecockpit/
As i know his programms are not comercial but maby he like to share it with you !
Good Luck !
2019-04-29 22:41
pluckas
Supporter
Okay, understood - thanks for the extra translation.

Paul
2019-05-01 07:57
icon