MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Mussti
Dear friends,

I am new in this topic and I am trying to create the MCP fro 737 NGX
I have FSX with FSUIPC AND PMDG
I am trying to assign the output, AP Course it did work with the default offset of the MobiFlight 0C4E but the others like AP Heading, AP IAS and AP Altitude they just stay with 0 value and 000 showing in the 7 segments display.
I also tried the offsets from the PMDG PDF ( IAS 6524 , Heading 652C , Altitude 652E ) but without success

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VKo3lvlLfCbQJy_ujAIQM12pILCpb9lY/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!
[Last edited by pizman82, 2019-04-28 02:31]
2019-04-28 00:17
pizman82
Supporter
Hi.

Basicly PMDG work with its own offsets. Some Standard Stuff work.... But not all and sometimes also not 100% simmular. Its HIGH recommend to work with the PMDG Offsrts if they exist. You find the List in your FSUIPC Folder "/FSX/Modules/FSUIPC Documents" Check the "Offsetmapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" file.

Possible Problems.

1. PMDG not Up to Date. Get sure you have Servicepack 1d (One-Delta) In previous Versions the Offsets was not complete or fully NOT supported)

2. FSUIPC not Up to Date. Get newest FSUIPC Version to have 100% Support. ( verry Old FSUIPC Versions also not support PMDG) http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

3. Missing "DataBroadcast" Setting in your INI File.
Check the Manual of PMDG .....
iconQuote:

To enable the data communication output from the PMDG aircraft, you will need to open the file
737NGX_Options.ini (located in the FSX folder PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX, and add the following lines
to the end of the file:
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Pretty sure one (or more) of these Points are nature of your problem.
Good Luck !
2019-04-28 02:38
Mussti
Hi,

thank you so much, the third solution did it work by adding the missing "DataBroadcast" Setting in my INI File.
However I have now another problem.
The vertical speed is working but when I turn it off from the simulator, it shows a value of -1696 while it should be blank.

And regarding the inputs I tried to assign an Encoder for the AP CRS it do change the numbers as long as i turn, then it resets it self again to zero as long as I stop turning the shaft of the encoder.

Any ideas?

Thank you again:)
[Last edited by Mussti, 2019-04-29 21:39]
2019-04-29 20:34
pizman82
Supporter
Hi again

At first... Please use Board Search and Google. I Pretty sure explane that 20 times here in the past. thats all still written somewhere.

Shortly help:

VS Speed is correct. It show internal in PMDG a Value of - 1696x ( x=3 i belive) . Thats not a issue.
You can use this easy to make your Display blank. VS can not be less then for example Minus -10.000 So you can make a Compare and say....
IF Value <-10000 THEN show "Space Space Space Space Space" ( 5 time space button in the THEN field )
NOW Mobiflight show the Value of VS Offset.... BUT If Value is less then -10.000 ( Means its blanked in the sim) it will show "5 empty Diggits"

About Encoder....
Please confirm you not try to WRITE this Offset. In PMDG ALL Offsets are READ ONLY and can not be used for Inputs.
ALL Inputs are done by EventID. Check this Lists for Inputs.... https://myhomecockpit.de/PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1d.pdf
Good Luck !
2019-04-29 22:11
icon