MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
pluckas
Thanks for your comprehensive reply Stephan.

I probably won't get go much further with the hardware for the time being (too many other things to work on), but I will revisit this again in the future. I note that SISMO sell an identical unit without relays (designed to be used with their own interface boards). Perhaps that might have been a better option?

In the mean time I've been testing some "double configs". The one suggested by Pizman82 works, and the flashing "yellow / red" on a Red condition is not too distracting (although wrong for the Boeing). But, I seem to have a troublesome relay for one of my switches - as occasionally the config doesn't work, accompanied by an almost inaudible relay click.

The second config I've tried is a duplicate "red" config that activates the yellow offset. In other words I have two configs for 0552 (Red) - one that activates the yellow pin and one that activates the red pin. But, for some reason, a yellow-only condition results in a very faint (sometimes not at all visible) illumination of the yellow Led. The red condition works fine.

Can you think of any reason why the dual red configs result in the yellow config no longer working correctly?

Paul
2018-10-06 03:50
pizman82
Supporter
the Dual Red Config can not work !

Simply think about your logic.

1. The RED Config Nr 1 lets say controll the Pin for the Relais (So the RED LED Side) . If it´s 0 its OFF .... If its 1 it will switch the relais !

2. The RED Config Nr 2 controll the Pin of Yellow LED ... It use again the Data of same Offset that show us basicly the RED Status in Sim.
If config is 1 then it will light the Yellow LED .... If its 0 it will not light it.

3. The Single YELLOW Config controll ALSO the Pin of Yellow LED.... Indicator here is the Offset of the Yellow Status in Sim.

NOW ....
Your Problem is: The Yellow LED Pin is controlled by 2 different Configs SAME TIME !

If RED and YELLOW is On in Simulator same time you have no problem. But if RED ONLY or YELLOW ONLY is on in Simulator you have a error

At Red Only your RED 2 config try to light the Yellow LED cause you say IF Red Offset = 1 then set Yellow LED Pin HIGH
Same time the YELLOW Config try to disable the LED cause you say IF Yellow Ofsset = 0 then set Yellow LED Pin to LOW

Inverted the same happend in a Yellow ONLY Situation:
Here your YELLOW Config try to set Pin to HIGH cause the Yellow Offset is 1
Same time Your RED 2 Config try to set Pin to LOW cause its Red Offset is 0 that time.

Basicly you can work with that system, too.... But Then you need 2 Preconditions.
Thistime you need in Yellow Config "Only work if RED1 = 0 ..... And in RED 2 Config you need " Only work if RED1 = 1
THEN the Yellow LED Pin is controlled only by ONE Config same time ..... Not by two that want 2 different things from it.

But my last question ....
iconpluckas:

In the mean time I've been testing some "double configs". The one suggested by Pizman82 works, and the flashing "yellow / red" on a Red condition is not too distracting (although wrong for the Boeing). But, I seem to have a troublesome relay for one of my switches - as occasionally the config doesn't work, accompanied by an almost inaudible relay click.

I not understand.... My solution (or yours with 2x red if you use the preconditions) should work perfect .... whatever the Yellow LED is still not realistic.
But it should basicly not occure in Errors or problems.

Please explane me.... What is the detailed Problem with this sulution.... What happen exactly ?
Good Luck !
2018-10-06 06:29
pluckas
Your logic is perfect - thanks for clearing that up for me. A zero condition is still a condition (I temporarily forgot about that).

I tried your modifications to my "Red 2" configs and they work great. As with your multiple config suggestion, I get the same non-Boeing artefact of flashing Red/Yellow (instead of just Red) but it's a reasonable compromise - so thank you again.

I notice the appearance of a red exclamation point next to my Red 2 configs now as well as flashing exclamations on my Yellow configs when the Red condition is activated. I presume I'm being warned about a conflicting offset call and it's nothing to worry about ?

To your last question - I experienced some intermittent relay problems with one of the switches which I may have misunderstood as a config issue at the time. Probably wiring or hardware or power related, as it seems to have disappeared for now.

Thanks again for all of your help. I have a reasonably good AFDS module solution for now. My next job is to swap out my flap gauge's servo with a stepper, because the servo chattering is driving me crazy.

Paul
2018-10-06 07:30
earenas
Hi Pluckas.

I have found this post because I have a AFDS module from Sismo, and I´m trying to works with Mobiflight, I guess you finally make it works, so if you don´t mind, Could you send me the config file for it? I´m noobie on Mobiflight. :thumbup:

This is my mail: emilio.arenas@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
[Last edited by earenas, 2019-02-13 13:21]
2019-02-12 23:41
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Maby pluckas can.
Myself i just figure out those things but not make configs.... That "situation" was build only in my brain ... not in a real config B)

Please edit your posting and add your email.... If he read it he can start comunication.

By the way. If you like to work with mobiflight you finaly must be able to make those configs..... I know its more easy to see a example in a premade file.
But i high recommend to NOT copy Paste those stuff.... You should build configs youreself !
Good Luck !
2019-02-13 10:10
pluckas
Sorry it's taken so long to return to this forum, only to discover this question.

Inputs (with PMDG event ID's and parameters for 'on press' and 'on release'):

AFDS_AP_Reset (69971, 1, 0)
AFDS_AT_Reset (69972, 1, 0)
AFDS_FMC_Reset (69973, 1, 0)
AFDS_Test_1 (69974, 0, 1)
AFDS_Test_2 (69974, 536870912, 131072). I use the mouse for this one.

Outputs (with PMDG offset and precondition information):

AFDS_AT_Amber (6C0E, AFDS_AT_Red = 0)
AFDS_AT_Red (6552, none)
AFDS_AT_Red_Both (6552, AFDS_AT_Red = 1)
AFDS_FMC (6554, none)
AFDS_AP_Amber (6C0C, AFDS_AP_Red = 0)
AFDS_AP_Red (6550, none)
AFDS_AP_Red_Both (6550, AFDS_AP_Red = 1)

There's an intermittent yellow flash at the end of the red when using the Test 2, otherwise it works well and is a good compromise.

I hope this is useful.

Paul
[Last edited by pluckas, 2019-05-11 10:10]
2019-04-27 04:45
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2