MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Ridgeandgable
Is there a way to output the display for the CDU?

I have just bought a CDU unit with the VGA screen installed, its not arrived yet though, s just looking for advice on how I would set this up? I've found the offsets for the keyboard part but nothing for the screen? Is there a way to do it or is it simply undock the CDU from PMDG and resize to fit on external cdu screen?
2019-02-19 00:00
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

(Funny we both talk about screens same time in another topic :P )

I think using the PMDG undocked window is the most easy way.
Stephan also told me there is a way (rework the PMDG Ini File) so the undocked window not include the 2D Key Panel and finaly only show the display itself !

About your other idea.

Basicly thats possible.... Whatever NOT with Mobiflight.

As you know we can contoll with Mobiflight only a LCD Display up to 4 Lines. ( your Display is VGA and not a Line LCD Display )
But technical the Data of the CDU is readable in Offsets .... Also BOLT Written things and Symbols ... And also the Color ( Amber e.g.)

I will say.... If you can scripting you will be able to write a own programm that get data from FSUIPC ( or WideFS over Network)
Finaly you must build a Grafic Output that is filled with that Data. ( Maby somebody do that already.... that would be a perfect solution to build the CDU on a second Computer ( The Problem i wrote in other topic)

Check the up to date "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737.PDF " in your FSUIPC Folder. There in the first 5 pages the CDU Code is explaned.

For my own useage.... If You find a premade programm please tell me.... That would be perfect for my project !
Good Luck !
2019-02-19 02:48
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

this is the normal Windowdefinition which you find in the PMDG B737-800 panel.cfg

iconCode:
[Window02]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=385,600
window_size= 0.20052, 0.50000
position=8
visible=0
ident=402
zorder=99

gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!CDU, 0,0,385,600,L #0

To keep this Window, rename it i.e. [Window20] and copy it to the end of Window-Section (before VC-Section 1)

To see only the pure FMC-Screen replace [Window02] with the following lines:

iconCode:
//
// FMC CPT
//
[Window02]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=800,600
window_size= 0.625, 0.50000
position=8
visible=1
ident=402
zorder=99

gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_SCREEN, 0,0,800,600,L #0

Then pull the screen onto the appropriate monitor and adjust the size. That's it
Works fine with me :thumbup:
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-02-19 17:50
Ridgeandgable
Thanks Stephen

That worked perfectly.

Just wish there was a better way to keep the undocked windows in the same place.

I've tried the panel save and restore program but it didn't work for me.
2019-02-20 02:11
cardo
hi Stephan where is the config located
2019-03-21 22:32
StephanHo
Supporter
@ cardo

..\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\panel\panel.cfg
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-22 00:49
cardo
stephan i am a fsx user
2019-03-22 04:50
pizman82
Supporter
Location is the same... Simply get into /FSX instead of /Prepar3D V4
Good Luck !
2019-03-22 06:10
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Ridge,

so far as I know, load the airplane position the windows and save it as scenario i.e. with your favorite airfield.
If you now load the scenario, the windows were placed at the position you have saved them (valid for P3D)
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-22 14:08
silencer7
I have a question to you guys.
Do I need to program all CDU keys as a separate buttons? There will be a lot of cables and pins needed..

Or maybe there is another way to do that?
2019-03-31 23:00
pizman82
Supporter
Yes.

Mobiflight not support a "Matrix" Input..... so Every Button is a single device and must end in a seperate Pin on your Mega.
(Thats also not planed in the moment for the future)

Alternates are possible (External of Mobiflight) for example with Keyboardcontroller and so on... BUT... Whatever you use a Matrix... Every switch must be wired with a In and Outline, too.

Let me say finaly.... Specialy the CDU is a part most users not build by themself. You not need to buy it "pug&play" but you can buy it in parts and mount it youreself.
The key here is a "PCB" There finaly you got just 2-3 Conectors (Flatcable) and you can simply wire it to your Arduinos..... all the wires to the Displays and the shared GRD is done with lines on the PCB here.

So summary in a high professional homecockpit there exist not so much "wires" as we think. Advanced. Users build there own PCB and do most of the wirework on it. Basicly you can build a full MCP or CDU without any wires..
Good Luck !
2019-04-01 05:52
popovichyr
https://phpjj.wordpress.com/beta-pmdgdataeventserver/
2019-04-08 11:29
icon