MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Rezon
Hi,
I tried several times to set the ky-40 encoder to control altimeter with mobiflight but nothing work.
I have the fsx with fsuipc suscribed and arduino mega.
On the Fsuipc tab in use preset i selected General current altitude, is that correct?
What pin is left and right.
I,m using :
clk pin2
dt Pin 4
SW pin 8
+ pin +5v
Gnd to gnd

many thanks

Jose
2019-03-26 20:17
pizman82
Supporter
Hi.

At first... This encoders work with Mobiflight.... Whatever they are to much difficult. For Standard encoders like the cheap "Alps" no 5v line is needed.

Abou your setup:

Hardware:
The ky40 have also 2 data lines like standard encoders ... clk , dt. I don´t know witch is used as left and rigth.... simply test if ! ON left must work on a leftturn.... if it´s inverted you must change this 2 pins on Mega.
The SW normaly is the Pushbutton of the Encoder.... GRD and 5v not need to be explaned i think !

Software:
Here you must know what AddOn you use. the "presets" are for Standard Aircrafts. If you use a AddOn then it can be different !... Also lots of AddOns use EventID instad. Find out before you start !

About your used Offset.
thats pretty sure wrong ! .... General current altitude. You can not change your Real Altitude with a Encoder. Thats the Raw Data for a Altimeter gauge !
I think you like to change the Autopilot Altitude or MCP altitude. Check for that.
Stock Aircraft its Offset 07D4 .... Or better EventID 65893 - 65892
Good Luck !
2019-03-26 23:57
icon