MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
herly
Hi Pizman,

Sorry for confussing you..it was updated automatically, I guess..after that some of function missing, I checked the code of event id nor offset mapping and it is correct. I check more detail to pin connected to arduino and it is also right. Bug record is ok but can not excecute to function..at the moment I use 6 arduino and only arduino no. 5 and 6. Or maybe because I just connected 6 arduinos directly using paralel usb hub without any additional power supply?

The devices and configs already active but simply not work. The problem occurs on more than 1 arduino, some function on arduino 5 and 6 not work properly whereas previously running well.

Herly
[Last edited by herly, 2017-09-04 17:13]
2017-09-04 16:44
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Herly,

if you use an USB hub, I do not think you have a power problem. An usb hub, no matter how many connections it has, is designed to supply up to 500mA each port.
But also an USB hub power supply can once give up its spirit. I'm only surprised that it always concerns the same MEGAs.
Did you measure the current or the voltage of the individual MEGAs?
Grüße,
Stephan
2017-09-04 20:18
herly
Hi Stephan,

Not yet measure..I will do this evening and inform you soon

BR,
Herly
2017-09-05 00:45
herly
Dear Stephan,

As I informed you that I would measure arduino, but unfortunately, my PC was broken, so I just change with the other PC. As I told you that previously, the function of arduino, mobiflight and pmdg was good, for example: the brake selector function is good, if I turn from RTO to 0, 1, 2, 3, 4or 5 or clockwise (using pmdg event code for 70092).

I am not sure wheather after MF up date or before update, then some brake selector function is not properly function: If I switch to RTO the function is OK, but if I turn to 0, there is no action at all, then I switch to 1 (not function), but to 2, 3 and 5 they function well. I use the same arduino for other function (SPD REF) which is also has the same problem, not all switch can be function.

I have even checked all connectors, power supply, coding, etc. same as instructed. But, why the problems still occurs and honestly I have no idea how to solve it.

Thank you and best regards,

Herly
2017-09-18 10:57
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Herly,

have you ever activated the logging function and observed whether every switch Mobiflight responds by logging in the logfile that a function was found? If not, please turn on the logging function (debug-level) and watch the output there
If for each switch change a config is found, your hardware is set correctly. If this does not happen, somewhere is an error in the hardware. It is also possible to change the setup file of MF. Here you have to check the individual settings each.

It may also be that you have cold solder joints. They look as if they are in order, but there is no current flowing there. The cold soldering places are usually recognized by the fact that they look blind and do not shine. This is however dependent on the solder used (ROHS compliant solder tin usually remains blind, lead-containing shines).
If this does not help, you need an appointment with Professor pizman ;)
Please report your results.
Grüße,
Stephan
2017-09-18 11:39
pizman82
Supporter
Hey Guys.

As Stephan said.... You need to detect if this is a HARDWARE or a SOFTWARE problem.

We not need to talk about your Mobiflight settings if the problem is simply a Hardware Error.....

Myself i basicly test ALL Devices in a Testing Config BEFORE i will use it finaly in the Real MCC File !....
You can do it with Stephans system..... Activate LOGGING/DEBUG and just turn your switch and check if every detent is checked by Mobiflight and a Command is executed.
Alternate i use another technic..... I Explaned often time here.
Simply Open a New MCC File .... make a INPUT Config for every Action ( In Your case for Autobrake you need 6 Configs... One for every switch position)
THEN Use as Action Type a "KEY Command" like 0 1 2 3 4 5 and then open Notepad and Run your System. Turn the Switch 10-20 times..... Is EVERY command recive by Mobiflight ??
If Switch is working fine it should write the Keys whatever you turn it in a position.

So Finaly....
YOU have to checkout if your Switch itself working correct ( And if the Device Setup and wireing is done correctly )
When you can Confirm the Switch is perfect in testing conditions but it not work again with your PMDG Function THEN we need to have a look at your Configs... Maby a issue is there.

Please do the Testing.... Report eyperience.... If needed i will check your configs finaly !
Good Luck !
2017-09-18 15:23
herly
Dear friends,

Finally I made a test, I check all solder is ok, connection and coding using event id also is correct. This is selstam, I go to setting and tried to check the arduino 3, where brake selector connected. I click on RTO and upload one by one, as well as OFF, 1, 2, 3 and MAX. Back to main MF and activated, and the switch function properly, but the MCP where installed on arduino 1 can not function properly. Its make me frustation, why should I up load one by one? And debug send all the signal, but the brake selector remain not moving. What should I do? Should I update fsuipc, reprogramming again from beginning? Or ? Just FYI, previously all work ok. It means the arduino has no problem..

Thank you and best regards,
Herly
[Last edited by herly, 2017-09-18 17:44]
2017-09-18 17:34
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Herly.

That sounds strange..... But i must say i not understand all the stuff you explane.
For example what do you mean with ....
iconherly:

but the MCP where installed on arduino 1 can not function properly. Its make me frustation,

WHAT is now the Problem in MCP ?? all Inputs broke ? Only One ? Only Output Broke ????
Is this issue only shown AFTER you Rework the Brake Selector on Arduino 3 ???

About "First Aid"

1. ALWAYS get shure you have the newest Versiosn of .... Mobiflight (7.4) , FSUIPC (4.971) and PMDG B737 (Sp1d)
(But this is not the reason for your current problem i think)
2. If you make a UPLOAD for Devices OR if you make a Firmware Update.... ALWAYS RESET the Arduino AND Mobiflight !
( This is not recommend official BUT i got so much trouble with that.... So I Do my Restarts and everything is working fine now ! )

If THIS is not help anymore.....
I Think then we should talk private via EMAIL .... Send to pizman@freenet.de
Please add your used MCC File and if Possible the used Device Save File to the Email so i can rebuild exactly what you did.
AND Please explane me much detailed as possible WHAT is the exact problem !
(Stay tuned.... I Will check this as soon as possible, but i have to work in reallife ! )
Good Luck !
2017-09-18 23:03
herly
Hallo Pizman,

At the moment I install 6 arduinos, arduino no 3 consist of brake selector, ref speed selector, flaps, etc. and arduino no. 1 consist of only MCP. As I informed you, I did re-upload one by one all brake selector function and it work, the selector can be function but at the same time brake selector function, the MCP encoder can not be function.

BTW, I will write an email to you..

Thanks lot for your assistance.

BR,
Herly
2017-09-18 23:49
JendaBenda
Hi, StephanHo. Thank you for the great tutorial. The position of the VC flaps corresponds to the position of the stepper motor, but the stepper motor turns on the wrong tent. Any idea please? I have this motor https://www.easyduino.cz/fotky32122/fotos/_vyrp12_112stepper02.jpg with controller ULN2003. THX
https://www.facebook.com/HomeCocpit737
2018-06-06 22:41
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi JendaBenda,

you have the correct Stepper and the correct interface. Both are the same I use.
If you have taken all values correctly, both from the wizard and the interpolation, then it should run correctly.
Sometimes it may happen that the hook is not set by the interpolation at startup. please check that.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-06-06 23:12
smoothchat
Supporter
I'm very happy with my flaps guage with the help of Mobiflight.

I did have to alter the firmware to reduce the maximum speed (from 600 to 300) so the stepper didn't stall now and then.

I also disable the pins once the stepper stops to reduce unnecessary heat. The guage box is 3D printed.

See it in test mode, here .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I78yBs5krVI
[Last edited by smoothchat, 2018-06-10 14:33]
2018-06-10 14:22
Apeshaft
Supporter
Delete
[Last edited by Apeshaft, 2019-03-13 15:33]
2019-03-13 14:30
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2