MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
glennav8r
Hi there and thankyou for your great software!
I am wanting to trigger an LED that responds to a sim connect event and was wondering if there was some way to achieve this please. There is no corresponding FSUIPC offset for this event so I cant use the standard offsets unfortunately.

Regards

Glenn
2019-02-20 22:13
pizman82
Supporter
NO

Mobiflight work with FSUIPC only.... No SimConnect plugIn is existing or planed.

What you can do....

You can use a LUA Script !
There you can say " Read The Simconnect Event or Data" and if needed recalcualte the Value and finaly export it to Offset XYZ (a free offset that is not used at the moment)
THEN you can use Mobiflight to Read that offset and controll your LED.

By the way....
The same Problem occure in other AddOns. For example Aerosoft work with Lvars .... those are also not include in FSUIPC.
Here you will also read that stuff via a script and write it to Offsets.
Good Luck !
2019-02-21 00:27
glennav8r
Fantastic I will research how to do this. Thanks very much!:)
2019-02-21 01:17
pizman82
Supporter
Check this Sticky in "general Subforum" https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/251.html

Thats for the Lvars.... But it also explane the basic logic of a Lua Script that is running all time in Backround.

I not do this myself and ou need to google for the commands to implement SimConnect Data.
So i can NOT garantee if it work... But it looks like.

EDIT: Just google a bit.... That sounds more complex. Not find easy commands for Lua to implement SimConnect Data.
Please do your own research and report..... Also maby tell us WHAT you exactly like to read out or send in in the Sim.... Maby this is also available via Lvar or already via FSUIPC
[Last edited by pizman82, 2019-02-21 14:25]
Good Luck !
2019-02-21 14:00
icon