MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
MASTERP
Hi all,

I am building a transponder panel for my Airbus.
The transponder model have 9 buttons (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, CLR)
Is this possible to enter the transponder code with those button?

Jeehell FMGS can assign joystick button for those numpad number but I dont know if FSUIPC offset 0x0354 can display those inserted number.

Thanks
2019-01-11 09:27
pizman82
Supporter
Yes and no.

First this is just theoretic.....I not own FMGS and just use it One year ago to do some testings for a user here. BUT The main technic should be correct already.

Problem:
In FSX internal this is not possible normaly.... You can just increase/decrease the single numbers OR you can SET a full 4 Number Value in one input. Setting single Numbers is not working i think.

If you use the Jeehell system and you can controll the Numpad then you can input the numbers ! .... BUT Sure. If you read the FSX Offset of XPDR then it will show you the "old" value aslong you finished the 4.th Number and Jeehell write the new Code to the FSUIPC Offset.
The "Live" Display where you see the inserted Numbers (before you finished the 4th. Diggit) is NOT supported to FSUIPC.

BUT ....

There is a way to readmost of the "internal" Displays of Jeehell. Not sure if this is included but it should.
You need for that SIOC.
Normaly SIOC is used to controllOpen Cockpit Boards (Instead to Mobiflight) BUT SIOC can also read Data direct from Jeehell and put it into a FSUIPC Offset ot your Choice.
(Same is done for example in the VHF Displays)

How to do...
1. Download the SIOC Stuff and the SIOC PlugIn in jeehell must be downloaded and activated!
2. Open the Tool and search for the Displayif Data is available.
3. If Yes then use SIOC to read this Data and supportit to a free offset in FSUIPC( Maby 66C0 )
4. Use THIS Offset with Mobiflight for your 7 Segment Displays !

Don´t care about the work.... If you like a full cockpit finaly this MUST be done cause some other functions also need this bypass cause the not exist in FSUIPC Table of Jeehell.

ALTERNATE: Request this in the Jeehell Forum. Maby the programmers find it usefull and will supportthat data directly to FSUIPC in a future release !
Good Luck !
2019-01-11 17:46
MASTERP
Thanks pizman82.
I have no idea about SIOC. Do you have tutorial on export SIOC to FSUIPC offset?
2019-01-13 10:50
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi MASTERP,

basically, SIOC can not export data to FSUIPC.
Normally SIOC works direct with the SimConnect-interface.
However, it is possible to address or process the offsets used by SIOC, which can be recognized with "offset $ nnnn", by Mobiflight or directly by FSUIPC.
However, the further processing or processing of the data, as carried out in SIOC, must also be possible in MF or FSUIPC.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-01-13 19:51
pizman82
Supporter
Hi again.

@ Stephan .... He Use wrong words but mean the right thing. With SIOC and the SIOC PlugIn of Jeehell FMGS it is possible to Read internal Data of FMGS and you be able to Write it ( Or recalculate it via script code IF ELESE and so on) to a Offset of our choice.

So in other words.... Yes SIOC does "export" the internal FMGS Data to FSUIPC . ( I know that sound strange)

About Guide.

No I have not a guide and i wont write it cause i do that 1 year ago and simply forgot the details.
BUT
That time i not know what SIOC is.... I never used FMGS before and i not know the other tools like "FMGS Sioc Plugin" or "Sioc Creator"
I remeber it takes for me one night (4-6 hrs) of Google and reading.... And then i was able to do that with only 1-2 false attempts.

So. simply startup. Use Google "SIOC + FMGS" and read ! If you speak english you find every information that exist in that world by google !

Some important notes i remember !

1. The SIOC Plug In is NOT include normaly in FMGS and must be installed by set a checkmark while setup !
If its not installed already you need to deinstall Jeehell and reinstalll it with this tool.
Maby today you can update it. 1 Year ago a reinstall was needed. Maby think about a Backup of your current settings in case of new install.

2. Not try to script this stuff youreself ( Only of you already can programm SIOC script language) . I Recommend to use the "sioc creator" tool.
Thats like Mobiflight with a grafic interface you can set what you need and the programm write the script for you !

If you need more Help finaly ask a specific question. I Try to help !
Good Luck !
2019-01-14 07:52
MASTERP
Thank Stephan & pizman82

I am trying to understand SIOC :blink:
I have successful to display FMGS transponder 1 first digit with custom FSUIPC offset 0x66F1. However I have used up all custom offset for other function (66C0, 66D1, 66E1,66F1) I can not find any other free custom offset to assign for remaining 3 digits. Do you know any free range of FSUIPC offset?

Below is the script that I used to display FMGS XPNDR digit 1
Var 0001, name XPDR_DISP, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $66F1, Length 2

In mobiflight Output: Led module using 0x66F1, size in byte 2, Untick BCD mode , display 1 digit,
2019-01-15 03:42
pizman82
Supporter
Hi again

I see you just explore the SIOC stuff.

First... Check if this is not aleady the full 4 Diggit Code.
Thats a 2 Byte Offset. Normaly thats enough for this 4 Diggit Value ( 4 Half Bytes BCD ) or simply as Decimal ( 2 byte INT can show numbers from 0000 to 7777

I not know the Jehell system here but i think this output is already the full 4 diggit number!

About Offsets.

You can use the Free Range 100% Its also recommend to save space. If you need only a "bool" ON/OFF 1/0 Information you not need to use a full byte. You can also use a BIT ( Not sure if this is possible in SIOC) . In that case 1 Byte Offset can include 8 Informations.

Finaly you can use also hundrets of other offsets !.
For example the Range of PMDG ! This Range is only used if PMDG is loaded/installed. If you use Jeehell then this Area is free to use !
Same with Project Magenta Range for example !
Good Luck !
2019-01-15 16:53
thatchi
FSUIPC free offset range 66C0-66FF.
2019-01-16 13:55
thatchi
For example, your first free offset you can use is 66C0 and it is a 2 byte variable, then the next free offset will be 66C2. You keep go on until the last free one 66FF. Remember each byte consisting 8 bits which you can manipulate separately, for example one offset 66C0 can control 8 LED indicators or 8 buttons. Though it is more complex to manipulate individual bit. Good luck.
2019-01-16 14:07
thatchi
Basic computing. There different types of variables which require different length of memory. SB or UB is 1 byte int. SW or UW is 2 byte int. SD or UD is 4 byte int. FLT is 4 byte float. DD or DBL is 8 byte float. STR is string variable and length ( how many bytes ) depend on how long the string is.
2019-01-16 14:21
icon