MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
bob755
Hello again.
I apologise for creating so many new topics but I’m working hard to get my Mobiflight MCP working.

I’ve configured the IAS/MACH display as shown below and described in this post: https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/1505.html

It works except for a problem when switching from a blank display back to an IAS/MACH reading.
Example:
- The IAS/MACH display correctly shows .67
- Press the VNAV button and the display to go blank
- Press VNAV again and the display shows 280 which agrees with the sim display.
- Press VNAV again and the display goes blank
- Press VNAV again and the display shows 0 ( a single digit) but the sim shows 280.
- It is necessary to turn the speed selector to display the correct value again.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks.

MCP_IAS_DISPLAY:

Offset: 6524 Volue Type: Float Size in Byte: 4
Transform:
Display: 3 digits Left Padding NO
Precondition 1:
Choose config : MCP_MACH_DISPLAY if current Value is : >= 1000
Precondition 2:
Choose config : MCP_IASBLANK_DISPLAY_READONLY if current Value is : = 0

MCP_MACH_DISPLAY:

Offset: 6524 Volue Type: Float Size in Byte: 4
Transform: $*1000+0.1
Display: 3 digits DECIMAL POINT under the left 3th digit, Left Padding YES - SPACEBAR
Compare:
If current volue is : >0 set it to: Round($ / 10,0) else:
Precondition 1:
Choose config : MCP_IAS_DISPLAY if current Value is : <10
Precondition 2:
Choose config : MCP_IASBLANK_DISPLAY_READONLY if current Value is : = 0

MCP_IASBLANK_DISPLAY:

Offset: 6528 Volue Type: int Size in Byte: 1
Transform:
Display: 3 digits, Left Padding YES - SPACE
Compare:
If current volue is : = 1 set it to: Type 4xSPACE else:
Precondition:
Choose config : MCP_IASBLANK_DISPLAY_READONLY if current Value is : = 1

MCP_IASBLANK_DISPLAY_READONLY

Transform:
2018-09-04 11:31
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Bob,

as far as I know it's a known bug which is unter investigation. You did all right.
Grüße,
Stephan (Time: UTC+1)
2018-09-04 12:55
pizman82
Supporter
iconStephanHo:

As far as I know it's a known bug which is unter investigation. You did all right.

Thats right ! Bug is known and under investigation ! https://bitbucket.org/mobiflight/mobiflightfc/issues/196/precondition-malfunction-in-output-configs

Verry important ! To solve this problem we need maby your help. Sebastian have no PMDG ... and also Sebastian have a System where this issue is not reproduceable.
If needed for research we will ask you for help while fixing and testing this bug. Maby we send you a Email with a BETA Version next weeks. Id would be nice if ou can help us then.

About the problem

iconbob755:

MCP_IASBLANK_DISPLAY:

Transform:
Display: 3 digits, Left Padding YES - SPACE
Compare:
If current volue is : = 1 set it to: Type 4xSPACE else:
Precondition:
Choose config : MCP_IASBLANK_DISPLAY_READONLY if current Value is : = 1

The config basicly work nice..... The only Problem is..... In some systems (like Yours) it not "jump" correct between the preconditions.
If your Display show "0" here it will show already the "blank" Config whatever this is already disabled and it should show IAS or MACH (Whatever is on)
In Connector you see correct "!" Sign and basicly the correct config is running already..... BUT The Display show at the moment the "last" Value of the blank Config
If you turn the Encoder a new Data is seen by mobiflight and it send correctly the new value to Display. Then it work again.

Why "Zero 0" .... Cause you (and me) not use a ELSE in this line.... Aslong the Blank Offset is 1 we set Display to "Space Space Space" .... we not use a ELSE field here cause in the Else condition the Config "should be" already disabled.... so we not need it.
That occure in ELSE situation the Display would show "0" (The uncompared value in this situation) but normaly we not see this in case of precondition.

Just a simple Test:
Enter in the ELSE field of the Blank config for example "888" .... You will see... Now in this "issue situation" the display not show "0" now it show "888"

Thank you !
Good Luck !
2018-09-04 16:10
bob755
I'm more than happy to help with the tests.
I'll wait to hear from you.

I tried putting 888 in the else field and it does indeed display 888 instead of 0. Occaisionally it does display the real IAS.
[Last edited by bob755, 2018-09-04 21:44]
2018-09-04 17:49
slammer88
Is this preconditional problem solved ? As this is my problem as well :)
2019-01-13 12:47
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi slammer,

yes the preconditional problem is solved in V7.5.1. This version has been withdrawn and will be revised again. You can assume that it will work in the future.
Grüße,
Stephan (Time: UTC+1)
2019-01-13 16:35
pizman82
Supporter
iconStephanHo:

yes the preconditional problem is solved in V7.5.1.

Realy ?
I know we solve the Precondition Problem of the LCD Tab (Placeholders) and Sebastian also solve the Interpolation Bug ( I not tested myself)
BUT
We not specific solve THIS issue i think.

"Maby" this was a part of the other Problem and is also solved. But not directly i think.

We need to check this !

Thank you slammer for remember me . I realy forgot that part !
Good Luck !
2019-01-14 08:09
icon