MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

Unterstütze die Entwicklung von MobiFlight mit Deiner Spende 

Important note:
We have reorganized the forum a bit by creating new sub-forums. Your post might have been moved to a different sub-forum. Please use the 'mine'-button in case you can't find it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

We hope you like the change.

icon
Ridgeandgable
Hi Guys

Managed to build my MCP eventually but I realised when I was building and testing, I set everything for Default Boeing and not PMDG 737

I've setup the Altitude with encoder which is working, but jumping up in 500's when I turn it, I'm using event ID 70032 and para 8192 & 16384

Is there something else to do for PMDG?
2018-11-08 18:35
pizman82
Supporter
Thats not normal.

At first please confirm you do one time a Restart after you change something. Sometimes a new device occure in those issues.... Reset Mega ( Via disconnect/Reconnect it from USB ).... Restart Mobiflight and Restart Simulator..... Is problem still occure ?

If problem still exist you must try to find out where the problem is located....

For example try another function in your PMDG with this encoder.... For example Heading.... Does it also jump by 5 degrees instead of 1 degrees ?
OR
Try this encoder with a standard Aircraft Function (NOT PMDG)
OR Try another Encoder with your config....

YOU must basicly find out....
Is Problem in Hardware ( broke encoder)
Is Problem in Hardware setting ( For example wrong Encoder settings like 1:4 for a 1:1 )
Is Problem on Mobiflight Side
Is Problem on Sim Side.

Please do some testings and try to find the problem... then i can try to fix it for you !
Good Luck !
2018-11-08 22:56
Binki
To pizman82. You touched upon a problem I was searching a solution for and i stumble on this post. When I use an encoder, for any of the rotary functions in PMDG, heading, course etc. the display always increases or decreases in increments of 5 degree. I cannot seems to get the encoder to work in increments of 1 degree for some reason. Is there a solution for that? Thanks
2018-11-30 00:49
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
This is not reported by all users... so a PMDG problem is not the reason i think.

As i said above.... Its your work guys to find out the basic reason of problem.

Please do the same i explane above....

I think at first you must find out.... Is only one command executed BUT it will change value 5 time.... OR is simply a issue in your System so a turning of Encoder by ONE Detent will execute multiple commands.

Lots of ways to find out:
1. Use Logging Mode of Mobiflight to see exactly what Input is detected and what command is executed.
OR
2. Make a config and use "Keysend" for Encoder Left and Right ( For example A and B ) Then open a writing programm and turn Encoder left-right-left-right and so on.
If there is written "ABABAB then command is executed one time... If you see something like "AAAABBBBAAAABBBB" then its wrong and we have found the problem.

If command is correctly work only one time then you need to find out if problem is PMDG.
Simply controll a Standard EventID ( Like Heading) in a Standard Aircraft (Like Cessna) .
Is problem still there ?

Summary.... I can just help or think about a solution if you explore the whole problem and not only report one symptom !

Thanks !
Good Luck !
2018-11-30 01:51
icon