MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
J.G.
Hi. Reading the tutorials I think it should be easy to cause an LED to light when the gear is down.

However I want to go a step further. I want an LED to flash when the gear is traveling and to stay on when the gear is down.

Is this possible?
2018-11-17 20:34
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi J.G.,

it is not possible with Mobiflight to let a LED flash. In one of the next version Sebastian planned to implement this feature.
What you can do until this feature is implemented is to control a timer (i.e. NE555) as a multivibrator from Mobiflight and with the output of the timer you can flash the LED when the gear is in transit. If the Gear is down you can control another LED with a Mobiflight output. Normally you have for both conditions a separate output.
If you intend to do it at least with one LED, take a duo-LED. But they have the disadvantage that they are not so bright.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-11-17 23:06
pizman82
Supporter
Just to complete this situation....

As Stephan said it is not possible with current version ( Mobiflight just know ON or OFF and not inlcude a blinking logic). In the future this will become a new tool i hope.

BUT

Additional to the Hardware solution from Stephan you can solve this problem already today with a software solution, too.

For Example you can write a little Lua Script if you have some experince there (sorry i can´t programm so i can´t help you)
Basic logic is simple....
1. Read Status of Gear
2. If Condition:
If Gear is UP ( Value 0 ) Then set VariableX to 0
Elseif Gear is DOWN ( Value e.g.16383 ) Then set VariableX to 1
Else (So the transit when gear is not 0 or not 16383) Start Loop.... Set VaribaleX to 1 wait 0,5 sec Set VariableX to 0 .
Loop it until Gear is 0 or 16383
3. WRITE Variable X to a free Offset like 66C0
Finaly Mobiflight read 66C0 for your LED ( Instead the original Gear Offset .... And the Blinking or the Status is simply done by your script.

ALTERNATE
You can also work with a second Microcontroller ( For example a UNO or a LEO, Micro etc) Here you use the Output Lines from Mobiflight as a INPUT Indicator.... And you wire the used LED as a output. then you write a simple Arduino sketch like " If Input is HIGH then Output should Blink.

Summary... I would wait for that feature ( whatever it will take maby some month or longer)
Good Luck !
2018-11-18 15:26
jetraid
You can use self flashing LEDs like this
https://www.amazon.com/Round-parte-superior-intermitente-Bright/dp/B017TRE5A2/ref=sr_1_40?__mk_es_US=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=led+flashing&qid=1566350264&s=gateway&sr=8-40
2019-08-21 03:19
icon