MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
paujo
Good evening from Argentina, I apologize if my English is not very good, I congratulate them for the software really is incredible. I commented the problem I'm having, I have a rotary encoder with clicks like the one in the photo that is at the end. I want to configure it to move the frequency in stand-by of the COM1 but in the following way, if I turn the rotary encoder that moves the frequency, if I turn the rotary encoder by pressing the same one (Click) that changes the tenths of frequency, How to configure this in the program. If you can help me it would be very good. Many thanks http://www.eyejayinstruments.com/ij8_encoder/photos/upright_photo.jpg
2017-01-22 03:37
pizman82
Supporter
Hello Paujo. .... Welcome to Mobiflight.

Your planed config can be done with mobiflight.
Normaly this function is not suported, but you can use a simple trick to get this work.
All you need is to use a "Custom Offset" ( If you not know...This is a range of free offsets in FSUIPC we can Use for personal projects.
You just have to set a "Flag Value" so Mobiflight can decide wtch stepsize you want to use at the moment.

First you have do know how this "button" should work....
1st. Way.... You push and release the button and change the Freqency Stepp like a toggle switch.... So if you want the other Stepsize you need to push and release it again.
2nd.Way.....Is that you "hold" The Button.... So Without Pushing you set Stepsize A and when turn the Encoder while button is hold then use Stepsize B.

For Both systems it´s posible to set a config for this.

Situation A:
Make a Input Config for the Encoder Button.
Offset 66C0 I Byte..... On Push : Value : if($=1,0,1) (No release entry needed) // This will toggle the Value on every Push

Situation B:
Make a Input Config for the Encoder Button.
Offset 66C0 I Byte..... On Push : Value = 1 On Release Value = 0 // this will change the Value to 1 while holding.

Then create 3 Output Configs ( same for both situations)
1. Offset 66c0 1 Byte ( No Device Just for Readout)

2. The Config that change Frequency by Encoder in full steps.
( Precondition : Only work when Config 1 (Readout Config) = 0

3. The Config that Change Frequency by Encoder in "tenth" steps
(Precondition : Only work when Config 1 (Readout Config) = 1

So you activate the stepsize you like by clicking (or holding in Way 2) the Pushbutton on top of Encoder.

If you can´t build this by yourself please report.... Tell me what plane (Addon) you use so i can create you a premade Config if needed.

Good Luck !
Good Luck !
2017-01-22 15:20
paujo
Hi pizman82 thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay, I managed to configure these functions perfectly. thank you very much!!! Excellent all the work and effort you are putting into this program !!!:D
2017-03-22 17:37
Ridgeandgable
Hi, I'm having the same issue on this

I have the PCB Rotary Encoder with the push button.. I have the Com1 Inc and Dec Khz working, I have created the Device for Rotary Com, and Rotary Com Button, but how do I add the button part for push down. I don't see any options for On Push / On Release
2018-10-03 21:41
pizman82
Supporter
As i said above (long time ago ;) )

1. Create 2 Devices on Mega.... A: 1x Encoder with 2 Pins ( Use the A and B Pin of encoder) and B: 1x Button with 1 Pin ( Use the Pushbutton Pin of Encoder)
2. Create a INPUT Config.... Device is the BUTTON .... Write to a custom Offset ( For example like above 66C0 1 Byte ) Use Settings like explane above !
3. Create a OUTPUT Config .... This must Read the used Custom Offset . We need this for Preconditioning Here you need NO Device !!
4 Create 2 Input Configs .... Both uses the ENCODER as device . One work with the Khz commands.... the other with the Mhz commands.
5 Set Preconditions to both Encoder Configs and define... One is work while Custom Offset is 0 the other it offset is 1
Good Luck !
2018-10-04 10:34
icon