MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Astrylis
Hey fellow Cockpit builders,

New to the forums long time lurker tho :P

I have an encoder 3315c-102-006L https://www.arrow.com/en/products/3315c-102-006l/bournsand I am not sure how to wire it up and get it showing in mobiflight. I have it connected to pins 47 and 47 and GND. I am unsure if that is correct as I can not find its datasheet on google. Is the encoder compatible with mobiflight? or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Daniel
2018-09-27 17:05
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Daniel!

Welcome to MobiFlight.

If you write that you have put the connections on pin 47, that's probably a clerical error. Either on pins 46 and 47 or on 47 and 48.
It is important only that there are two different pins.

To the encoder. 3315C-102-006L

Model number designator
3315 stands for 9mm encoder
Terminal style
C: stands for: in-line Straight Terminals Side Exit
Shaft end designator
1: Shaft End Flatted
shaft length designator
0: 12.7 mm FMS Long Plastic Shaft (Available w / bushing only)
Bushing designator
2: 6.35 mm x 6.35 mm Plastic
Pulse per revolution code
006 PPR - One revolution produces 6 pulses
L = ROHS compliant

Basically, the encoder should work with Mobiflight. 6 pulses per revolution are relatively few. Also, the encoder seems to have no detents.
For Mobiflight, I would suggest that you choose the device as the encoder type 0 or 1 (try it).

Again to the pins. You will need an EventID for the direction of rotation ON LEFT and On RIGHT. Depending on your simulation, it can be the same or different. This also applies to the parameters. For the standard FSX it is usually 0 and for the PMDG you take 8192 for the left and 16384 for the right.

You should set the logging in Mobiflight to DEBUG, then you will see the detection and the direction of rotation of the encoder.
If it does not work, please report detailed again
Grüße,
Stephan (Time: UTC+1)
2018-09-27 19:40
Astrylis
Thank you Stephen

I will give it ago later today and will report back if I got it working.

Daniel
2018-09-28 09:26
icon