MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
sebpil
Hi,

I try to get two displays to show the value for my FLT ALT and LAND ALT on my overhead panel.
So far I have figured out to use 64E4 as output for the FLT ALT, but the problem is it should be in DWORD....meaning what?

I can only choose INT, Flow or String in Mobiflight. Which one to choose?
Have tried all but nothing works. What am I missing here?

Same for LAND ALT it should be 64E8 also DWORD.

I use 7 segment displays and as usual a MEGA2560 interface card.
2018-09-18 10:34
thatchi
Try int and 4 byte.
2018-09-18 11:16
sebpil
This is strange, I did that initially and did not work. However the solution was this;

FLT ALT 64E4 Int, 4 bytes, Left padding=0

After closing Mbiflight and retry, it worked. Strange. But I am happy and it is working. Thank you!
2018-09-18 13:12
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
iconQuote:

64E4 4 DWORD AIR_FltAltWindow
64E8 4 DWORD AIR_LandAltWindow

The Syntax DWORD means "Doubleword"
This is the name of a 4 Byte Integer Value (32 Bit)
For more information please check this Wikipedia link .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_(computer_science)

About your problem....
If you try to make different entrys while Mobiflight is running then it can happen you "Kill" the logic of your Max7219 . (This happen to me in the past to )
If you be sure you did it rigth but it not work then simply Close MF .... Reset your Arduino and try again.
Often it is also ok if you just use the TEST Button in Display Tab of the Output config.

Again.... This only happen if you make wrong settings or testing multiple things in a row.... here a little issue will kill the system but a restart solve normaly all problems !
Good Luck !
2018-09-18 17:05
icon